Keeping warm and dry in winter, well, here in Britain it can be a concern all year round really, whilst carrying your little ones is a pressing matter, and one that has been on our minds recently. Luckily we are well stocked for coats here!
With the new range of Momawo coats available from It’s A Sling Thing to rent long-term, Try Before You Buy, or Pre-Order to buy we thought you might be in need of a little hand comparing them.
The 4 in 1 Maternity and Babywearing coat
- Warm and waterproof. Treated cotton fabric makes this coat waterproof with none of the plastic feel of many waterproof coats.)
- 4 positions:
- No inserts- normal coat
- Front insert- maternity coat
- Front insert- front carry babywearing coat
- Back insert- back carry babywearing coat
- Gasp! A fifth way, on the 4 in 1, I hear you ask?! That’s right. If you are pre-ordering with us we can order you a second panel and you can use the coat for tandem carries, or for back carries whilst pregnant.
- Comes with a hood.
- Comes in a range of colours: Black, Purple, Navy, Red, Khaki, and Camel
- People who find they overheat easily whilst carrying a child may find this coat a bit too warm. It is very cosy.
The Light Jacket
- Waterproof but not very warm- treated cotton for waterproofing without the non-breatheable plastic feel
- Great for layering- a light outer layer that adds waterproofing, but you won’t need to take off baby to take off a jumper layer when wearing the Momawo Light
- 4 positions – see above. We think the 5th is an option, but we are awaiting confirmation that we can order extra panels.
- Comes with a hood
- One colour-a stylish and neutral grey- so no hard decisions to make there.
- If you or little one is prone to being chilly you may want to look at one of the warmer coats.
The Mom&Dad Fleece
- Warm, but not waterproof- that cosy fleece that comes everywhere with you!
- Neutral and designed to be unisex- buy the size to fit the larger wearer and you can all be snug whilst wearing the baby.
- 4 positions- yup- this one does them all too!
- One colour- stylish and neutral black.
- The fabric has a bit more give than the other coats which can make them slightly more generous in terms of size.
Each of these coats styles fit alittle differently. Feedback has suggested that the fit for the 4-in-1 is as follows when used as a coat without a panel for babywearing:
Small- up to UK Size 10
Medium- UK size 12
Large- UK size 14
XL- UK size 16
XXL- UK size 18
Often, once you place the panel in. especially if placed on the back for back carries, this makes the coat a little more generously sized.
The Light and the Fleece appear to fit as follows:
Small- up to UK size 10/12
Medium- up to UK size 14
Large- up to UK size 16
XL- up to UK size 18
XXL- up to UK 20
These have similar external measurements to the 4-in-1 coat, but as the 4-in-1 coat is lined with warm fabric it loses some of its space, the Light is roomier, and the Mom&Dad Fleece is made of a warm fleece fabric with more stretch in it which makes the sizing more generous.