Starting on September 2nd we will be starting to offer the BabyCalm workshops online!
BabyCalm is the program from our partners CalmFamily which looks at understanding babies under 12 months old. The CalmFamily ethos is to provide an excellent evidence based education with empathy, to empower families and give them tools to support themselves and their children.
We will initially be offering one off workshops – Fourth Trimester, Weaning, Calming and Baby Sleep. At a future point there will also be courses covering these topics!
The first workshop will be Fourth Trimester and will start September 2nd. The workshop will take place entirely online, in a secret Facebook group. For this first workshop the price will be just £25 per family – future workshops will be £45.
The Fourth Trimester workshop is aimed at parents with a baby under 4 months (16 weeks) and covers
- Why babies cry and how to calm them
- The science of how your baby’s brain develops
When the course starts you will gain access to a secret Facebook group. During the first few days you will get to know other attendees, and discuss some of the topics we will be covering. At the end of the first week there will be two live interactive sessions which you can join in watching. Then you will have another week to review the videos, ask any final questions and wrap it all up together.
The timetable will be
- September 2nd – Group Opens
- September 2nd-4th – Group Discussions
- September 6th 8pm – 1st Live Session: the science!
- September 8th 8pm – 2nd Live Session: the tools!
- September 9th-14th – Questions answered and group remains open to replay lives
- September 15th – Group closes and resources will be emailed
This workshop is for you if
- You are the parent of a baby under 4 months
- You want great, clear information about what is happening in your baby’s brain
- You want to understand a range of tools you can use to support your family
This workshop is NOT for you if
- You are the parent of an older baby or toddler. This workshop concentrates on early development – look out for our other workshops starting in Autumn covering babies 4-12 months, and workshops for parents of toddlers coming soon
- You want a quick fix to change your baby’s behaviour or sleep. This workshop will help you understand WHY babies behave and sleep they way they do, and some tools which can help you support them. It is not about changing things quickly
The workshop will include some discussions, the two live sessions and some follow up resources. It does not include one-to-one work with families other than answering questions about the workshop content, but if you feel that this would be beneficial to your family, we can also arrange a private consultation for you.
We will be available in the group for a limited time each day to help the discussions and to answer queries! If you wish to get the most out of this workshop then get involved in the discussions and join in the lives!
Booking is open NOW for our Fourth Trimester workshop, and will be open soon for Calming, Baby Sleep and Weaning!